Jennifer Blakeley is an award winning entrepreneur and newborn photographer, situated in Niagara Falls Ontario. Jennifer is the owner, founder and photographer of the famous letter art company Alphabet Photography Inc. Jennifer’s work has been featured on CNN, ABC World News, Good Morning America, Inside Edition, The View, The Tyra Banks Show, The Ryan Seacrest Show and many others. Jennifer was also recently featured in Woman’s World magazine.
In 2009 while expecting her first child, Jennifer experienced a rare complication during her pregnancy that left her with permanent vision loss in her right eye. Although Jennifer’s vision in her right eye was hindered, it did not stop her from pursuing a further career in photography. The experience actually forced Jennifer to re-evaluate her direction in life, and following the healthy birth of her daughter Brooke, Jennifer launched a maternity and newborn photography studio. Although Jennifer is now visually impaired in one eye, she has photographed hundreds of newborns – proving that her passion for photography has outweighed the obstacles in her life.
Jennifer now shares her experience through social media tools such as facebook and twitter, where her nearly 30,000 fans and friends support and encourage her photography ventures. Jennifer shares her story with hopes of encouraging others with vision loss to overcome their disabilities and follow their passion.
Jennifer is an accredited member of the Professional Photographers Association of Canada, with three of her images currently hosted in the Canadian National Image Salon. She has been listed on the Canadian Woman’s PROFIT list three years in a row, and as won many notable awards for her entrepreneurial ventures. She runs her business from her home in Niagara Falls, Ontario where she is a stay-at-home Mom and loving wife.
To view more of Jennifers work visit her website www.JenniferBlakeley.com, and keep up to date with her on facebook www.facebook.com/JenniferBlakeleyPhotography
Highlights of Career Achievements
- 40-under-40 award for Sips and Suds Laundromat, the business which also earned the “Innovative Business” award at the Niagara Entrepreneur
of the Year Awards in 2008. This was Jennifer’s first business venture.
- Listed in the Top 10 Women to Watch For in PROFIT Magazine.
- PROFIT Magazine has listed Jennifer as one of Canada’s top female entrepreneurs for the second year in a row.
- Recipient of the Niagara Entrepreneur of the Year Awards, Emerging Entrepreneur and Innovative Business.
- Jennifer is the brainchild behind the “Christmas Food Court Flash Mob”, which went viral and broke all YouTube records for Flash Mobs.
The video has been viewed more than 35 million times...
- Jennifer’s celebrity clients include: Ryan Seacrest, Nelly Furtado, Prime Minister Stephen Harper, Prince Charles, Will & Kate,
Trish Stratus, John Schneider, Drew Barrymore and Rita Wilson.
- Jennifer has been interviewed by major media outlets such as CNN, Inside Edition, ABC World News and Canada AM just to name a few.
- The popular website babble.com listed Jennifer as one of the
Top Mom-entrepreneurs in North America.
- Nominated for the most prestigious award in Ontario - The Premiers Award
Jennifer has volunteered her time to not-for-profit organizations in the Niagara Region over the years including working with the Niagara
Falls Rotary TV Auction, Community Care in St. Catharine's to launch a successful food drive that was able to contribute over 500 pounds of
canned food to Community Care, as well as Niagara Community Outreach. Jennifer has worked with National non-profit organizations including Children's Wish, The SPCA,
The Dover Court Boys and Girls Club, Adoption Canada and currently Gymnastics Canada.
Jennifer has donated more than $100,000 back to various charities across Canada over the past three years and continues to work closely with various non-profit organizations.